The Great Escape Course
- You can find the course maps, as well as an option to download the gpx files at http://greatescape2017.legendstracking.com
- Respect the course. We have tried to provide you with a course that includes as much as possible non-concrete trails through some of the nicest areas of the Belgian Ardennes, so we would like you to respect those.
- ALWAYS close gates, even if they were open upon your arrival.
- Respect the normal road and traffic regulations. We are not running on a closed circuit!
- Leave only footprints, take only photographs. Any intentional littering will result in immediate disqualification.
- Each course is fully marked, so navigation should be no problem
- As a participant, you are responsible to carry enough water and food to last between checkpoints. On the course, we might have race officials at random intermediate checkpoints, they might have water with them for you to use, but do not count on this!!!
- You are allowed to stop at shops, bars and restaurants, however you can’t use hotels, B&B’s or other sleeping accommodations.
- Each participant must complete the full race in a self-sufficient mode. This means that no outside support from friends or family or any other support crew is allowed, except 100m before or after each checkpoint.
- No pacers or mules are allowed, except for 100 mile runners in their last 50 mile and during daylight. An 100 mile runner may have multiple pacers, but only one at each moment.